HOME
SERVICES
OBITUARIES
ABOUT US
PLANNING
RESOURCES
MONUMENTS


Miles E. Croyle orginally established the funeral home in 1914 for the practice of Undertaking and running the local ambulance service. During this era, most visitations and services were held at the residences of deceased.

In 1951, Roy W. Carson purchased the funeral home from Miles and kept with the tradition of running both the local funeral home and ambulance service. Roy renamed it Roy W. Carson Funeral Home.

In 1983, Roy decided to retire and sell the funeral home to Charles E. Boyer, who was raised in Rural Valley. Charles maintained Roy's name and reputation by naming it Carson/Boyer Funeral Home.

Photo coming...

In 1987, Charles had the opportunity to purchase the Gerald J. Bishop Funeral Home, which was also located in Rural Valley. Bishop funeral home was first established as the Chalmers A. Edwards Funeral Home in 1951. After Charles purchased the funeral home, all the operations were transferred to the Carson/Boyer Funeral Home.

In 1999, Brian K. Myers joined the firm and became a licensed funeral director in 2003.



Copyright 2010 Carson Boyer Funeral Home, Inc. -- All Rights Reserved. | Privacy Statement